View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #72
TDK010
Join me in the sun

Default Re: Where are the Avengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Not really.

Sometimes a police officer can handle a situation by themselves. Sometimes they need to call in for backup. Sometimes the police department needs to call in a SWAT team or even the FBI.

There's different levels of threats, and each can be handled by varying degrees of response.
Yes but in this case and the context of the film, how exactly is that a good example?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The whole country was threatened with acts of terrorism and The President life was at stake. Add to that Tony having his whole house and life almost blown to smithereens.

That doesn't exactly sound like a job for the police department or FBI. Tony and The United States would have needed some serious help. It's not really a criticism levelled at the film, it's just a speculative question that can't be easily answered.

I think a smaller scale story would have suited this film a lot better. Less about plans of mass destruction and more about breaking Tony Stark physically and mentally. The villain making things extremely personal. Then again, it is the third in a trilogy at this point, so you have to up the stakes somehow, especially after a disappointing second movie. It's just hard to justify The Avengers not teaming up when all that is at stake. I guess it's just something that has to be overlooked to a certain degree. The ideal way would have been to have trilogies of all the characters completed first and then have them all team up.

I'm just not a big fan of the way Marvel churn out film after film in quick succession. The only decent ones in my opinion have been Iron Man 1 and Thor. The Avengers was a milestone moment but that clouds opinion on what I think is an overrated movie. I feel things are being rushed somewhat and the best possible movies are not being made here.

TDK010 is offline   Reply With Quote