View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #830
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
To be honest, I'm hoping that this movie wouldn't happen anymore because whether it ends up a success or a bomb, it will have an effect on X-Men movies. In my opinion, FOX should just focus on making X-Men team movies w/ the original cast. They are just gonna oversaturate the series by making these spin-offs/prequels.
I def think it's clear by hiring Millar Fox wants to expand and have multiple films like Marvel.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105
Quote:
"My role is more of an overseer," he said. "It's not a consultant in the sense that I check continuity. What I'm doing is building a plan kind of like what Joss [Whedon] is doing with the Avengers movies. It's more of a writerly/producer kind of role where I look at possible directors we can use or possible writers we can bring in to work out a broad, overall strategy for what Fox Marvel can do to feel like Disney Marvel where they've done such a nice job of building a world where these characters can live together. They'll have a momentum that exist outside the structure of any one movie with little cliffhangers and things to tie them together. Disney Marvel has done a wonderful job with that, and I think there's something we can all learn from them.
Quote:
There's an amazing amount of potential in the X-Men universe. It's almost a Marvel Universe in itself in that you can build up to so many great stories and so many great characters.I hesitate to name names, but let's say that all the ones you like and everyone you'd expect, we'll have them. It's insane to have the crown jewel and not expect to wear them.
Quote:
"You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the '90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool -- all these amazing characters are things we haven't really gotten to yet. 'X-Force' #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee's 'X-Men' #1, so there's an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you'll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel's coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there's a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we've come up with ten movies we could do[/B]. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do."
As much as people like to call out Millar, he's definitely working for Fox to to help connect films and find talent for more projects in the X world.Who knows if any will see the light of day but it's def safe to say they are looking to expand. Im up for some new X Properties. As long as they are not focused on Wolverine, Prof X and Magneto. I really want to see some new characters focused on.

Last edited by def28; 04-27-2013 at 11:14 PM.