View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #69
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
Don't think this will happen, but what if:

Natasha and Steve are the love interest/aspect of the movie. I seem to remember Marvel doing that in that Ultimate Avengers animated movie (though I haven't seen it in years, so I may be mis-remembering). And what if Agent 13 turns out to be Carol Danvers? Emily Van Camp could certainly pull it off and, if it's a small part here, it could lead to bigger things in The Avengers 2. Always thought the Peggy/Sharon/Steve dynamic was a little weird anyway. Though I'm sure that's how they'll go with it.

Just throwing a thought out there. I think Emily would actually make a great Capt/Ms Marvel and the difficult romance between Steve and Natasha (old fashioned man/modern woman) would be more intriguing than Cap falling for his past lover's granddaughter (or whatever Sharon's relation is to Peggy).

I don't know. Just an idea.
I'll say this from the start: Agent 13 *is* most likely Sharon Carter, and she's the most likely to be Cap's love interest, and comic-book canon shall remain faithful, yea brethren and amen.

But.

Looking at the MCU as a fresh start and take on the mythology, there are things to be taken into consideration when it comes to film. One of those things is that Sharon Carter --- as much as I hate to say it --- is largely redundant in the context of the MCU. Sexy superspy? Widow's already got that covered. Unless they're reinventing Sharon to have a different skillset that would clearly distinguish her from Natasha (or Maria Hill, for that matter), then general audiences would probably be wondering what her real purpose is in the movie.

So yeah --- I'd have to say I'd be very okay with MCU Agent 13 (who the studio remains reluctant to flat-out call "Sharon Carter") being Carol Danvers.

And if Sharon Carter *is* out of the picture altogether, then a Cap-Widow hookup starts making more sense.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014