View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #23
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: What do you consider the best Superman stories?

C2E2 2013: DC Comics BATMAN/SUPERMAN 101 LIVE!

Quote:
Palmiotti
"Batman Year One is the book that I've bought over and over. When people don't really know about comics, I hand that to them and say, 'Read this and it will tell you why he's so cool.' As for Superman, I have to say Birthright by Mark Waid. It's just amazing. These are two comics I can give out. I always go out and buy the new editions of the trades to give to people.
Quote:

Harras says,
"The book that comes to mind first to me for Superman is a book that put back the magic of superheroes, the magic of comics, and that's All-Star Superman. This is what a great Superman comic is. It's Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely and it's perfect.
Quote:
  • Burnham says "Grant Morrison's first Batman trade, The Black Glove is the one for me. It's the start of his 6-7 year epic that I have the great honor of finishing off with him. I think Batman has a great mix of crazy stuff and stuff that makes sense when he writes it.
  • "For Superman? I agree it's Superman: Birthright. I finished it on the bus and I almost cried - I feel like crying just thinking about it. And if you look at the new trailer for Man of Steel? It's basically cut and pasted from that comic."
Quote:
Tynion echoed that All-Star and Birthright are excellent, and said that Geoff Johns' Brainiac story is one of his favorites for "making Brainiac scary."
Quote:
John Layman says "I'm terrible with titles, I think it's Superman: For All Seasons? Yeah, that's a beautiful book, breathtaking.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote