View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #833
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Whatever to what Millar wants to say. Their idea of expanding the X-Men universe is just gonna over-saturate the X-Men film series and might just ruin the series, if they are planning to make more prequels/spin-offs. In my opinion, they should just go back to basics, 1 movie every 2-3 years with the original cast and improve the marketing department of FOX. X-Men is not Marvel Cinematic Universe.
With how they have the films right now I agree with that. But even if you don't think it's the right way to do it, the X-Men have enough characters and titles to use the films like the MCU has...if thats what they want. We have only had films focused on the same characters so far. To me thats over saturating. I want new X properties that don't rely on Singers X-Men 1.

Unless they rewrite and try to tie DP into the team movies he's definitely not gonna have any effect on the main series box office. We now have 4 X-Men movies with the original crew. The X-Men have had plenty of time for audiences to make up there mind on if they want to see a movie with that cast and characters. If Days Of Future Past won't hold them there then that's it's own problem, and probably a sign of Fox needing to reboot and the quality of those films not being up to the audience preference. Hopefully that won't be the case. Shouldn't have anything to do with Deadpool having a movie. Especially given Deadpool has an R rated audience, no X-Men in the title and a lower budget in mind.

The only ones responsible for the Main X-Men movies performing badly are the main X-Men movie's themselves. If they suck people will stop showing. They have too much star power,well known characters and previous film's to lay the blame on a separate R rated character who specializes in pop culture jokes/killing people for fun.

Last edited by def28; 04-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.