View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #38
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Storm VS Mystique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Thing is, Storm has never been the female lead in any X-men film (not talking marketing here) so I'm not sure why X-men DOFP would change that. Also, didn't Singer imply that her role wasn't even a critical one to the movie? Can't be a female lead without having some importance to the story line(s).
Storm did have some importance to the storyline in X2 and X3. I mean in X2 she developed a relationship with Nightcrawler that trusting bond that the two built allowed her to have faith in Kurt and for him to have faith in himself and his powers during the end of X2. And in X3 she grew to become a leader and take over after Professor X. They weren't significant contributions but they were something. And besides they could easily write her in with more relevance to the plot, and it seems that is what they're doing as Halle films from now till late july it must be a big role if Bryan feels the need to keep a pregnant woman on set for that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because besides Anna Paquin, Halle is the only female actress who have been in the series since the beginning who will appear in this movie and she's a bigger star than Anna Paquin. Storm is also more popular than Rogue and in the movie series, after Jean Grey, Storm is possibly the most powerful female mutant that we have seen.

And Mystique is not even a X-Men, why make her the female lead in a X-Men film? because Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now?. Halle Berry should be the female lead of this film. All they need to do is give her a bigger and more meaningful role..
I think you're absolutely right. You're probably the only one on here who actually agrees with me.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER

Last edited by NanaT; 04-28-2013 at 07:45 AM.
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote