View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #106
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Default Re: Early box-office predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSmiling View Post
I think it's fair to reevaluate what Thor could do internationally after the international opening of IM3. IM2 grossed $311 internationally, if IM3 holds up its numbers it will absolutely obliterate that.

It's definitely clear that the Avengers has had a positive impact on other movies in the MCU, and should help give Thor a large boost.

Too early for me to say with the trailer just hitting but I'm very interested in what the overseas box office for Thor looks like.

And Thor will absolutely not be the lowest grossing Phase 2 movie -- there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that will be Guardians of the Galaxy. That has extremely high bomb potential, IMO.
I think being tied to the MCU gives GotG a lot of insurance against bombing. IM2 was the highest grossing MCU phase 1 solo film. I expect all the phase 2 films except GotG to beat IM2's $624M WW gross. GotG I can see making CATFA - Thor1 numbers.