View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #721
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I agree with a lot of what you had to say for the exception of the last point. I don't want an anime only ending. I absolutely hate that. They did it with Ao No Exorcist and Soul Eater (both great series) and I feel that almost always kills any chance of the show ever getting a proper adaption (following the manga). The only instance where we were able to get a second anime was with Full Metal Alchemist and that had to do with the enormous reception both critically and financially that series was able to get in both Japan, North America and everywhere else it played.

I don't want any useless filler for Attack on Titan either but I don't want a truncated anime only ending. Those are always ridiculously underwhelming.

Attack on Titan is a gigantic rising star at the moment. Its opening was able to get over 1 million views in short of a week of its premiere. That to me shows a huge interest in this series. I've never seen something quite like that for a new anime.
Well eventually, if left to run long enough, the anime would have to catch up with the manga. As such, you only have four options:

1. An anime-only ending.
2. Ending the series/season at the end of a story arc; leaving bits unresolved.
3. An abrupt non-ending.
4. Filler episodes whilst they wait for the manga to come out.

In my opinion, Options 1 and 2 are the best options; though there is a risk with Option 2 feeling like Option 3, depending how continuous the story feels.

P.S.: Confirming time skip as of Episode 4.

Lastly, because it's just awesome, this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Finally, visuals that befit the awesomeness that is the show's theme song.

Last edited by mr. peasant; 04-28-2013 at 06:31 PM.