View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #75
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

I don't see a Cap/Widow thing going on for a couple of reasons.

First of all, Joss spent a lot of time subtly establishing the Hawkeye/Widow pseudo romance in TA. That relationship is not emotionally played out and after nearly 20 years of watching his output, I contend he has PLANS for these two. Joss is going to put Widow through the ringer in TA2. Trust me.

Secondly, Evans and ScarJo have no chemistry. Zilch. Watching them trying to play romantic opposite each other in other films is flicking painful.

Lastly, the Peggy/Steve relationship is far from resolved. It will be a major thread running through TWS.

This isn't 1985. The female romantic leads are not just place holders that can be switched out from film to film. They're important characters in their own right. Steve will not move on until the emotional resolution of these past relationships is complete.

I would expect TWS to somewhat resolve the Peggy Carter of it all, and perhaps introduce a potential love interest for Steve, at some point in the future, but there will not be time for any heavy duty lovin. The film is going to be awfully crowded, as it is.