View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #821
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
New interview with Joss regarding "Thanos":

"Thanos is more powerful. He's not someone you just trot out and punch him. Like you did in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. He's definitely a part of what I've got going on. The thing about The Avengers is, that they are very powerful, but they aren't very stable. There'll definitely be some people who are gonna shake them up in the next installment!"

Source: http://desdehollywood.com/exclusive-...deo-interview/
People are way jumping the gun with this MoE talk. There are villains in the comics than just the MoE.

I'm guessing we're going to have a similar situation with Captain Marvel #25-27 where Thanos hired some guys (Super Skrull and someone else, can't remember) to trick Marvel, make him feel like he was being betrayed by his girlfriend, and leave him in a weakened state. Having 5-6 villains take on the Avengers on top of having the Maximoff twins in the movie on top of having Thanos be the mastermind ON TOP of possibly having some of the Guardians in it is ****ing ridiculous. We'll get one or two guys working for Thanos who are able to trick the Avengers and turn them against each other, but that's it imo.

We'd do better to look back and find some villains from the Avengers comics that have successfully turned the Avengers against each other (...like Wanda did in Avengers Disassembled) than to go off the deep end and say this points to the MoE. Not to mention that this all has to fit in with what happens in GotG, and I find it hard to believe the MoE play any role in that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Glad they are saving Thanos for A3. I feel like they would've written themselves into a corner having him so early. He's the biggest bad in all of the Marvel Universe. Would've been a bit silly to bring him in the second go around.
No he's not. He's no bigger than any other multi-issue, classic Avengers villain. I think people take the Infinity Gauntlet stuff out of context.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 04-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.