View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #81
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I didn't see Hawkeye and Widow as having a romantic past
I got the impression they were just partners and fellow agents who had worked together in some very hairy situations
You could clearly see that they cared about each other, but anything beyond that, romantic or sexual, I just didn't feel any of that
Well, then you missed some really nice set up. It was subtle but very present. Widow and Hawkeye are in Lurve. But it's not your typical jump-each-other's-bones movie love. It's love based on shared experiences, sacrifice, dedication to a greater good and of course sexual attraction.

All of Joss Whedon's work surges, aches with LOVE. Love for another person, love for life, love for something greater than oneself. Yes, even The Avengers is a study in LOVE, in the best part of ourselves, and of the characters selves.

Captain Mal Reynolds: Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.