View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: I think enough time has passed now..I can honestly say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Does 'beginning, middle, end' really necessitate it only be 3 movies? I'm not sure of that.

This might sound crazy to some, but there's about to be a third Star Wars trilogy. Beginning = 3 movies, Middle, = 3 movies, End = 3 movies.

If this sort of thing were done with someone like Nolan as opposed to George Lucas, imagine the possibilities.

It doesn't even have to be three trilogies. It could be 3 sets of 2, so six movies.

A bit pointless to dream now, but there was just so much potential left untapped, and now we'll never see Nolan tap it.

I seriously doubt Disney forked over all that cash only to make 3 movies out of it. They are going to milk it until it runs dry. I expect Disney to pump out a new Star Wars movie every 3-5 years in perpetuity, like what we've seen for the last 50 years with James Bond.

As far as Nolan's Batman story is concerned, I am glad it's over. There have been plenty of great Batman stories in the past. Nolan's was one of them. I am curious to see what someone else will come up with for the cinematic version of Batman. But I am also curious to see what Nolan comes up with in terms of Interstellar and other more original properties than a 75 year old comic book character.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote