View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #861
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
So you'd be fine with Deadpool ending the film series if it bombs at the box-office? Well I really hope now that they don't make a Deadpool movie, its probably gonna perform like Elektra and I think it won't happen anymore since FOX are busy with Fantastic Four and Days of Future Past. Once Days of Future Past is released next year, FOX would want to keep the momentum that they will get from DOFP.

The general audience aren't more interested with spin-offs/prequels. Its only the fans/comic-book fans who think any film adaptation could be a success.
If it was entirely standalone it wouldn't affect the main series. And if it was a good film accurate to the character, then it wouldn't damage the reputation of the franchise as a whole.

Warner Bros made three standalone, self-contained Batman movies. And also a standalone Green Lantern. And Guillermo del Toro is doing Justice League Dark or whatever it's called, in addition to the studio's plans for a Justice League perhaps following Man of Steel.

Deadpool doesn't really belong in the main series so the only way to do the movie is as a separate project.

I'm sure Marvel will be forced to do something similar when they get to some of their darker characters. They don't all have to keep referencing each other, they can exist in the same world with no crossover references, or they can just exist in another world altogether.