Old 04-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #82
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
Question regards to Aldrich Killian in the film... *Spoilers*

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So I really loved the movie. My favorite of the three. But there's one thing thats nagging me. What exactly was Killian's goal or objective. Was it to fix Extremis' failings and make it safe to sell? So just money? Was it to for lack of a better phrase "control the world" (by having the president in one hand and the worlds most feared terrorist in the other). Or something else? What was his main aim? (no pun intended )
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It was a more practical and natural way of controlling the modern world (which are two adjectives that float around a lot with this version of the mandarin) he basically wanted to control both sides of a new war of terror by having the US president in one pocket and a fake terrorist in the other and therefore create a world economy in which extremis could thrive and make him quite possibly the richest person in the world.

so yeah...money :funny

I do like how it all goes back to weapons dealing, that's the demon that constantly chases Stark around, he was born into a world of weapons manufacturing and dealing and to finally face someone who's become a much more inflated version of himself, or something that he could have ended up as if he didn't get stuck in the cave. Pretty much an expanded version of Obadiah.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote