View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Tumblr adores Iron Man 3. The vast majority there absolutely love the movie, just as they've loved other Marvel films. All of the people I follow are avid comic book collectors who have no problem with the changes made because they realize that the film is an adaptation, not a carbon copy of what is in the comics. They also, to a person, raved about the deeper emotional aspects of Tony Stark's journey as opposed to obsessing over minutia involving the villains. Tony's PTSD and his relationship with Pepper really struck a chord with people in the wider fandom community.
Why do you keep implying that those who didn't like the film didn't like it because the Mandarin wasn't a carbon copy of what's in the comics? Many people and I have already stated that that's not what we expected! Many of us liked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin the way he was promoted and up to the point where it was revealed he's a drunken idiot. He was different from the comic book version, yet he looked like a fresh take on the character. Just like Bane, I have nothing against re-imagining certain characters. I encourage it all the time! I realize it's an adaptation, just like all those people you're citing that actually loved the movie.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar