View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #723
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Thanks for the review man.

I for one loved the original ending of Evangelion. I know Anno apparently didn't because he felt rushed into writing that ending but I thought it was so surreal and out of left field that it left me thinking for days. It was flat out trippy. I never quite understood the need of all these alternative endings and retellings.

You know that I actually haven't watched any of the Rebuild series let alone the alternative takes on the ending with Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion.

One of these days I'll definitely take a look at this new Rebuild series seeing as You Are (Not) Alone & You Can (Not) Advance have gotten pretty good reviews. I know it's just this third installment that got people heavily divided on its content and where Anno has decided to take the story.
The Rebuild films are like diet Eva. It can't be helped when they tried/try to condense an entire TV series down into 4 films and add new stuff and characters to it. As for You Can (Not) Redo, the first 20 minutes really tried my patience. It focuses on a (not very well done) battle segment that has a lot of "process visuals" and "voice-over process talk." After it's pretty decent as it gets away from that stuff for a while but the end is better than the beginning. My favorite Eva movie is still The End of Evangelion.