View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #66
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
The two I wouldn't pair together are Joker and Bane. Bane might be recognizable, but not for good reasons.
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I think McKellen was great as Magneto and out of the superheroes/villains that's been played by more than one actor I'd say that Magneto is the best acted of all.
See, that's the thing; I didn't want to say McKellen isn't good or anything. As are many of the actors cast in the villain roles for superhero movies. I can't remember the last time I was disappointed when I heard an actor being cast in a certain role. Jack Nicholson, Jeff Bridges, William Hurt, Alfred Molina, Tim Roth, Hugo Weaving, Guy Pierce, Ben Kingsley, Heath Ledger, Tom Hardy, Liam Neeson, Michael Shannon, Tom Hiddleston, Kevin Bacon, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke... The list can go on and on. These are all great actors! Even ****ties superhero movies often cast huge actors for their villains.

But I'd lie if I say that it doesn't make me disappointed to see a Studio cast a big actor for a great role that's not written well or not done justice. Vanko in IM2 is the perfect example of that. I was so excited when I heard Rourke was cast in the role, and I loved how he sounded and looked, and couldn't wait to see the villain on screen, but I was disappointed. Same with Ben Kingsley's Mandarin. I hate seeing so much potential get thrown away through the window. It's like a bad joke.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar