View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #67
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
That's your opinion. Love how you say "with the exception of Loki" because aside from Ledger's Joker and McKellum's Magneto there hasn't been a performance like that in any comic book movie that comes close.
Wrong.

Tom Hardy's Bane, Michael Fassbender's Magneto, Alfred Molina's Doctor Ock, Terrence Stamp's Zod, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman, etc were equally as impressive.

Quote:
As a long time Iron Man fan, I'll admit he doesn't have the best rogue gallery, which is why the movies were smart about making the film about Tony Stark. It's one of the few superhero movies where we're as interested in the character out of the suit as we are in the suit.
His rogue gallery might not be on par with Batman, for example, but that doesn't mean Vanko and The Mandarin were dead sticks or chopped liver. It was the writer's job to make the villain memorable despite his or her's history in the comics. Look at Bane, you may not agree but Nolan engrained him into pop-culture after decades of mistreatment in the writing department.

Loki is such a bright spot for the MCU because he's a complex character that the general audience can sympathize with (similar to Magneto). The writing for him has been top notch but when arriving to the countless others Marvel Studios has been mediocre.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."