View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #203
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Really? I think Ottman is fantastic. I liked his work on Superman Returns, yeah, it used the Williams motiffs a lot, but Ottman's original stuff was also quite good, IMO. I liked it a lot. And his work on both Fantastic Four films is great (I liked X2 as well, but I liked the score for 1 and even 3 too), one of the few great things about those movies (particularly the first one, he had a great title sequence that's only available in the extended version that I wish they'd have used in the film. Complete waste, IMO - but I thought it was really good).

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I can't find the credits sequence itself, but it was pretty cool. Anyway, now tell me that doesn't kick ass? It's got a good hummable sound, I think this and Danny Elfman's Spider-Man are the best Marvel themes besides the one for Captain America. Avengers has grown on me, and I liked the work on the first Iron Man, really wish they'd have kept it for the sequels.
I agree with you on Elfman's Spider-Man and Caps music but we have to part ways on The Avengers music and Iron Man's. I kinda have a strong dislike for Iron Man's score in general, it's just not my kind of score. I did dig X-Men: First Class music alot though and X-Men has some great pieces like "Logan and Rogue." The F4 score was fine for that film and more interesting than Ottman usually is in my estimation.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.