View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #215
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I hated Iron Man's score or "lack thereof" at first, but now I think the music is kind of enjoyable and suits the movie they were trying to make. It's definitely more of the "metal" vibe somewhat, but now I kind of like it. Avengers was so-so for me and could have been much better, but I think Silvestri did the best he could with it (well kinda). His work on Cap, Polar Express, and Back to the Future are his best though, IMO (and not in the order I listed them).
I understand the vibe and hate would be too strong a word for my taste but I just don't like metal-ish scores for films. And I'm not a traditionalists at all like a lot of John Williams fanboys. I don't need every score to sound the same as scores sounded in the 70's and early 80's. I mean Brad Fidel's synth T2 score is excellent and I loved the Social Network's music. I've just always disliked hard rock metal scores for films. It's cheesy to me, faux cool b.s.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.