View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #86
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't mind a twist. I just felt this one was completely unnecessary and did not enhance the character at all, but rather hurt him.
My thoughts exactly. I got someone asking me if I disliked a bunch of other movies (like BB) because they had a twist. It's not that I have a problem with twists in general, it's this particular twist I have a problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I was expecting Mandarin to be the best villain of the trilogy, but you know I think Obadiah is a great villain. It's just that the villains should have gotten better with the sequels instead of weaker. Obadiah was a great promising start to the villains of Iron Man. But his standard was never lived up to or surpassed, IMO.
Again, agreed. I watched IM1 a week ago, a few days before IM3 opened here, and I just kept thinking how good of a villain they had in IM1 in the face of Obadiah. Boy, he was great. And it's not like they got bad actors for the villains to follow, but I also think that no other villain in the IM franchise has reached the bar he set.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar