View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #303
guAsp
Realist

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That's because these are samples that get cut off before most tracks even pick up. And even so, there is nothing wrong if there is no particular hummable theme. ´´Background music`` as you call it, is music too. Some prefer one or the other or both but neither are right or wrong. It's all about what fits the tone and story of the film. But then I never understood the fixation on hummable or whistling themes. I prefer the score to not stick out and rather blend in with the movie/visuals. The sonic soundscapes that Zimmer creates and the melodies and structures within them are much more exciting for me than a few seconds of a theme you can whistle. Even so I'm already whistling some of this stuff There is plenty of melody hidden inside a lot of Zimmers work, but not everyone picks it up.
I fully agree with this, it's like some initial reactions from people saying that the music sounds generic or the same as his other work. I've never heard drum work infused like this, really powerful sound. I can't stop listening to the trailer music