Originally Posted by Rock Sexton
It absolutely astonishes me that we still have mental midgets perpetuating the idea of Sony and Disney/Marvel "sharing" a character such as Spiderman. What do Disney/Marvel gain from such an accord? Do these people really believe that Disney/Marvel are going to want to share revenue with Sony when they just pumped out a $1.5 billion behemoth (not even counting DVD/BluRay sales)????? What's the point in that? I mean seriously what dollar amount do these dreamers think Spidey is worth to the point of Marvel ever even considering giving up some of their money. Consider that a good portion of the people who went to see TASM are the SAME FREAKIN' PEOPLE
who went to see The Avengers.
Not only that, but do you think they really want to deal with Sony's creative team looking over their shoulder to make sure THEIR
guy gets the treatment they want him to? How do you retcon Spidey considering that the Chitauri invasion happened in his own backyard and he was nowhere to be found? Lemme guess, he was on vacation .... I mean give me a break with this stuff.
Face it. Never gonna happen until Sony relinquishes the rights, they go bankrupt, or Disney/Marvel becomes desperate for unforseen reasons at this point. Every time I read yet another BS rumor about a Spidey appearance I just wanna .....
And the part highlighted in bold is one of the more dumber contrived arguements about the issue whenever this issue is brought up.
- Movie was about The Avengers, not Spidey. Can't leave a hint of him since you don't want the audience to anticipate him throughout the whole battle.
The focus is on the Avengers.
- If TASM took place before TA
- Spidey was at another part of the city, since most of the battle we see is concentrated around just Park Avenue and Grand Central Terminal.
- If TASM took place after TA
- Could explain all the cranes conviently placed in Midtown in TASM.
Etc, there's way more aspects to this.
This has been discussed and debated way more times on SHH than needed.