View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
forgive my stupidity, but why are we comparing Vangelis's score of Blade Runner to Zimmer's score of Man of Steel again?
Kinda too old to go over. But gist of it being, that while I think it's great (like I think Blade Runner's score is great) the score doesn't sound like it will be as memorable as John Williams'. It was basically a way of saying that while some scores are great that doesn't necessarily equate it to being memorable to the masses (or the themes/marches that have become somewhat pop culture). And it was the only example that came to my head the fastest.

I'm of the opinion that while the score sounds great, it doesn't particularly stand-out in the way that I was hoping it would. Therefore while I like it, I'm somewhat let down by it thus far and am cautiously optimistic that there's something cut off that would match or exceed the set expectations.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag