View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #77
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
It is terrible that they cast Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh. There they werent doing an origin story, but a catch up, sequel type story. Set at least 7 years after Superman had first arrived. I mean why on earth did they cast them? Even having it in mind that they wanted sequels? To cast at least at 30 would still give a lot of time for the actors to look young even in 8 years as Amy Adams has proved. Maybe they were going cheap? :/

Although, in all fairness to Bosworth, she does act somewhat older than her age, in real life and when she played Lois, Amy acts a bit younger, although they both look a lot younger than their ages though.

I figure Singer hired Routh because he was trying to emulate the Donner formula right down to the casting of an unknown actor in his mid-20s in the lead role - even if that made no sense in regards to how old Superman was supposed to be in the story. As for hiring Bosworth, well, I have no answer for that. I can only imagine how Routh and Bosworth feel about being replaced by Cavill and Adams - both of whom seem prepped to make much stronger impressions than they did.

New 52 Flash SUCKS