Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC
And the part highlighted in bold is one of the more dumber contrived arguements about the issue whenever this issue is brought up.
- Movie was about The Avengers, not Spidey. Can't leave a hint of him since you don't want the audience to anticipate him throughout the whole battle.
You can't leave a hint of him because the audience would anticipate him throughout? Who proposed hinting at him? I didn't.
The focus is on the Avengers.
- If TASM took place before TA
- Spidey was at another part of the city, since most of the battle we see is concentrated around just Park Avenue and Grand Central Terminal.
- If TASM took place after TA
- Could explain all the cranes conviently placed in Midtown in TASM.
Etc, there's way more aspects to this.
This has been discussed and debated way more times on SHH than needed.
And all the reasons are contrived. If he was there during the melee, but in another part of the city people would still have noticed him and don't you think he would've made the news like the Avengers did? Those cranes you speak of were a cheap plot device ..... regardless if TASM happened "after" the city sure lacked any remnants of destruction after only a couple months time. Pretty improbably given the amount of it the invasion caused.
Alas you're fixating on simply one part of my entire argument when it comes to the illogical belief Spidey could appear in any Avengers movie.