View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #91
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Yeah that's my guess as well. Being able to step back and look at it without predisposed ideas of what Mandarin should be like really helps the 'twist' gain credibility. To me it worked so perfectly in the context of the movie, and I also thought that Mandarin was given a proper showing it was just spread out over 2 characters.

I'd confidently say 90% of each theaters audience at a showing will not know who Mandarin is before hand but can tell he's going to be a force to be reckoned with from seeing the trailers and TV spots, and those are the ones who I would assume will enjoy the twist the most because it's so unexpected and executed well. The other 10% would consist of those who range from slightly to very familiar with comic Mandarin and probably have an idea in their heads already of how the story and character will play out on screen, those in that percentage will either be let down because they didn't think the character received the proper treatment or they will accept the twist.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I fully knew who the mandarin was and i was expecting a great performance from Ben Kingsley even having known the twist beforehand, but i didn't realise how it would play out, and I felt it was jarring and surreal...but it definitely made the film a hell of a lot better in my eyes.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote