View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #630
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
You're not too far off. When the NJO era was about to begin, they asked Lucas if they could kill off Luke in the book "Vector Prime", in order to inform readers that s**t was really going to hit the fan with the new villains. But Lucas basically told them to f**k off and gave the instruction that the big 3 and the droids were not to be touched. Hence Chewie getting the shaft.
WOW! I literally never knew that and just made an educated guess. Well it looks like I may end up being right after all and maybe if Luke and Co.'s deaths do happen in the sequel trilogy, I'll be happy knowing that I called it beforehand and I would have the bragging rights!

But yeah, if they are planning to head in that direction, having to break the news of Chewie's death to the mass of non-EU followers(ie the movie exclusive fans and general public) that Chewbacca's dead might cause some heart breaking and possibly hurt the movie.

I hope they give Luke a real warrior's death and maybe pay homage to Obi-Wan's death aboard the Death Star, giving a final nod to Jaina and Ben before dying by the new bad guy's hand, thus saving their lives and effectively "Passing the Torch" as the new heroes of the galaxy.