View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #80
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
The thing is - it seems to be high-fiving Snyder rather than saying that he is a hypocrite. I might be wrong, but I didn't see anything saying or implying that Snyder was a hypocrite. Did you read the whole thing or just what I quoted? Because the post seemed very post Snyder which did come off as odd considering.
Here is the full quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Sorry, just had to say one more thing. I came across this article elsewhere where Zack Snyder is talking about Man of Steel and he states.

We weren't apologizing for Superman, which I feel happened in the past. It's Superman, for God's sake. He's a thing to be celebrated."

Now I realize Superman is a huge title character for DC and the characters being discussed here related to Marvel are not nearly as huge, but I think all comic characters whether they be Marvel or DC properties should be celebrated and that they shouldn't feel the need to be apologetic to general audiences about them. I think if these companies had more faith in their characters people would love the characters just the way they are.

Sorry, just had to say that one last thing and I promise I'm done until after I have seen the movie. Hoping I love it.

Surfer
Where is he cheerleading Snyder? He goes out of his way to say that all of the companies that deal with comic book adaptations need to show more faith in the characters. That would include WB/DC. I don't see how anything he said in that post makes him a blind DC follower like you accused him of being.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote