View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #87
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
That turned out to just be a lark right? Or I think I'm using that word correctly... anyway, count me as really angry if Jimmy is never introduced and they're just saying his name as Jenny's brother to satisfy the fans lol.

More like:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1) Lois knowing who Clark is before he comes to the Daily Planet, possibly.

2) Clark's birth being against Kryptonian way.

3) Kryptonian people living underground.

4) The Fortress of Solitude being a spaceship.

5) No kryptonite (probably/hopefully introduced at a later point).

6) Possible elimination of the phantom zone (unsure).

And there's more that I'm forgetting at the time being.

As said, I'd argue that Snyder has changed the most about the hero and the hero's world while adapting. Celebrating his alien roots, but not celebrating the comic book character himself. And out of the more recent adaptations - the least faithful to the hero. But, with that said - without changes we would still have a Superman that could only leap tall buildings in a single bound, no kryptonite, and Lex would be a crazy scheming scientist. These changes need to be there in order to evolve. Plus, I trust Jonah Nolan - he was one of the few who ever got being an orphan right without disneyfying it. So even if it's not Superman exactly as in the comic books - at least I'll have a more grounded orphaned hero.
I don't know if it's been confirmed, but I'm pretty much banking on the Jenny Olsen stuff being true.

That said, everything else you mentioned is 100% correct on the spoilers.