View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #89
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin! - Part 1

Ultimatehero,

It's very possible that my post might have come across in a way that made it seem like Zack Snyder could do no wrong, or like maybe I was a DC fan boy wanting to talk trash about Marvel. However, the reality is (while I do love both Universes) I would have to say I am quite a bit more of a Marvel fan and have been all of my life. redfirebird2008 got what I was trying to say right (in the earlier post), and was able to clarify it in a much more eloquent way then I ever could. "Snyder's message is right even if his actions don't back it up." For me it was all about the message, and I feel like if more director's and studio's used a statement like his as a guideline for how they treated comic characters being brought into these movies, then we would be getting better versions of some of these characters. Now this is of course my opinion, because just as I am sure there are people out there that hated the amalgrimation of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo (as I did), there are probably some others out there (maybe unfamiliar with the comics) that loved the character as combined in the movie. So, perhaps I am wrong and somewhat selfish to want a character that is similar to the comics. Afterall what is that saying again, oh yes! You can't please everyone all of the time. So, my point is by pleasing me perhaps they would be displeasing someone else and maybe that is not the right answer either. So, who knows maybe I should just be grateful the movies are as good as they are.

Well anyways, just wanted to clear up a few things and yes I am still looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3 on 05/04/13 despite my little gripes.

Also, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that came to my aid and defended me during my absensce, it was very kind and really appreciated.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote