View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #93
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I know this is an older post, but really?

TDKR literally takes its scope out of the "street level" scope. When the military general says, "Get the president on the phone," it is officially out of the normal realm for Batman. Bane's plan of holding Gotham hostage for five months and leading a phony revolution that descends all of society into a chaotic rumble, culminating in an (unrealistic) clash of GCPD and terrorists just...

It reminded me of equal parts the French Revolution and GAngs of New York. It is on a pretty epic scope, whether you like the movie or not.
To me, saying something is epic is more indicative of time passed in story-time than any other factor. And BB was basically the life story of a guy from a little kid all the way to being Batman. The 5 months in TDKR really didn't feel in any way the same league. Now that's not to say a film that takes place over only months or a year can't feel epic as well. Hell, the whole quest in the LOTR films takes place over only 1 year and that feels plenty epic. But then it's chalked full of references to thousands of years of back story of the world it exists in so that will help.