View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #990
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Disney bought Star Wars and Lucasfilm because George offered the property and company to them. He approached them, not the other way around. The only way Marvel is going to be able to add the X-Men to the MCU is if FOX approaches them with the possibility of doing so, and there's 'no chance in hell' of that actually happening.
Go back 10 years. There's no chance in hell of an Avengers movie ever being made, working and being successful. There's no chance in hell of an Iron Man movie making a billion dollars.

And think about what you said. It worked because Lucas approached Disney. In other words Lucas was so willing to sell that he actually went to them. So you think if they had approached a guy who was that willing to sell without prompting he would have said no just because they'd approached him? It all depends on what Fox want and what Marvel are prepared to offer, not who approaches who. If I rugby tackle someone on the street and then offer them 200 for their Batman DVD they'll probably sell it to me even though I had the nerve to approach them. If they approach me with with every intent to sell, winking & fluttering their eyelashes but ask for 200...