View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Default What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

Spoiler tags....spoiler tags....spoiler tags.....

Fanboys, let the whinging begin.

I liked Iron Man 3 for the most part. Out of all the MCU, I'd rank it fourth after The Avengers, Iron Man and Thor. But there were some things I didn't like from it.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

- First off, minor complaint: No opening titles. That's a pet peeve of mine for a lot of movies, though (including Thor and Captain America).

- No appearance of the War Machine armor. Come on, there were toys for it and everything! We all knew that it would be modified into the Iron Patriot armor, but I was hoping Rhodey would at least start the movie in the War Machine armor.

- For that matter, I didn't like that Rhodes was absent from virtually all of the first half of the film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- The big reveal of Ben Kingsley's Mandarin being a mouthpiece didn't bother me that much. I'm used to the whole decoy villain thing after the Nolan Batfilms. Maybe I was a little disappointed because Mandarin was so sinister at first and I'd have rather seen him remain a true villain to the end, even though Killian was still an effective villain. But the real problem I had with it was the way the reveal went down. You've got two girls in bed, then you have Kingsley come out of the bathroom in sweatpants warning them not to go in there for five minutes. It was like something out of a Michael Bay movie. I'll probably be more accustomed to it on my second viewing, but that moment really took me out of the movie for a minute.

- Surprisingly, I liked the kid that Tony befriended in Tennessee. What I didn't like was that he kept asking about New York. We got it the first ten times.

- I wasn't a fan of Pepper gaining powers from Extremis, but that's probably just because I'm not a fan of Pepper in general.

Finally,

- No AC/DC. Or rock music in general, really. It's Tony's M.O. It's nothing major, I just missed it, is all.

Last edited by C. Lee; 05-03-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote