View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #204
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: NOW which film is your favourite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Frankly, it's tiring TO debate over a film that people will just never enjoy, lol. I could argue 'til I'm blue in the face on why I think TDKR or even Watchmen are great films, but most of the time...posters won't even care. I've come down to that conclusion regarding many posters on these forums.

It gets tiring and definitely frustrating to be vocal at times. I haven't had a good debate with someone that is actually positive on their side of the argument without ending up sounding like a douche, lol. And don't get me started on trying to speak my mind on the Spidey boards.

I definitely think there are a lot of posters that do enjoy TDKR, but they just don't want to get into debates on which film is better.
I think you're definitely right. It does get tiring.

And I've actually gotten a lot of PMs from a bunch of various posters who said they were burnt out on debating the movie and fatigued by the tone of negativity here, but told me to "keep fightin' the good fight", etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
What The Dark Knight Rises has going for it is that it is the boldest of all three movies.
Totally. Critics tend to only think in terms of "taking off points" for "flaws", but there's the whole other side of it where you add points for merit, strengths and yes, ambition. TDKR has strengths that BB and TDK don't have (and those films have other strengths that TDKR doesn't have). It's all about what you value in a movie.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-04-2013 at 01:45 AM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote