View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #30
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Saw it again. Just as good as the first time. Let me say it again--great action and great humor in a movie is rare. Iron Man 3 is the superhero equivalent to Beverly Hills Cop, Bad Boys, Die Hard with a Vengeance, or True Lies. I miss movies like this and that's why I love this movie so much.

Also let me say this--the political undertones of this movie are underrated. Far better than the hamfisted racial stuff in X-Men. Actually quite a bit more edgy than TDKR. It won't be credited as such but I think it is. A poor man's Dr. Strangelove in some ways. This entire franchise has used comedy to poke fun at American politics, War on Terror, military industrial complex, and foreign policy. We are still the good guys but there is plenty of subtle criticism. Not sure if alot of people caught that.
I agree 100%. This is definitely one of the more misunderstood movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Mandarin is not the only issue with this film. The acting of the villains was a bright spot, but the utter ridiculousness of the plot. The whole extremis thing, the over the top humor, sountrack was not right, Iron Patriots (ugh) it was a poorly executed film the stuff with Pepper Potts at the end was so bad. Countless things people have mentioned already

You can tell it was not true Jon Favreau film.

Also, I was here when people were praising Catwoman the movie, and X-Men Origins, SM3 (which I liked at the time, but not loved it). Its the same mentality right now.

And I dont want to hear rotten tomatoes has a high rating for this, so does Spiderman 3 and most superhero films nowadays.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I simply am stating my opinion and based on trend this film fell short of the hype (not $$ wise) and people will come back down to earth and say. "That film was not a good conclusion to Iron Man"
Why should people "come down to Earth" when they appreciated the movie? I really can't stand how people are trying to make this go down the *****ter, just because they didn't enjoy it. Of course you can tell it's not a Jon Favreau movie. It's a Shane Black movie.