View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #42
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
It's not only the Mandarin twist.

It's armour parts flying 800 miles in a minute (with no apparent power source), but when forming a complete armour (and now powered by Tony's arc reactor), that armour can't fly.

It's flying armour parts not being able to break through a wooden door, but breaking through everything else.

It's an attack with three helicopters on the house of a billionaire who has several battle armours there, each armour capable of taking out 25 helicopters - and the attack succeeds because the genius billionaire is too stupid to have a simple radar-based defense system after challenging the world's top terrorist.

It's Tony seeing Pepper die, being very shocked and cracking jokes 45 seconds after it.

Should I go on?
What, are you really going to challenge the movie logic? I'm surprised that you didn't mention how Tony is able to breath behind his mask or issue commands faster than he can speak to JARVIS

I see that as Mark 42's inherent instability, and the armor itself does have issues.

I saw Stark taking out the two helicopters and seemingly had the situation under control, but the last attack caught him by surprise. Afterward, he was fainted and JARVIS took him out of there. I don't see any inconsistency in it.

Cracking joke under duress has always been part of RDJ's Stark's hallmark, and it's part of who he is. So you're going to complain about his personality as well?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America