Originally Posted by nbanflguy
Pretty much the whole final battle was a joke.
- Tony and Rhodey show up and
- Tony's inability to use a gun is played for laughs
- Tony makes a joke about how hard it is to hit a bulb from that distance and Rhodey stands up in the middle of getting shot at and shoots a light bulb to show off
- Tony asks for Rhodey's ammo even though Rhodey keeps informing him that his ammo wont work with Tony's gun
- Tony looks up to check where the bad guys are, but he does it in a split second and then admits that he went way too fast and didnt see anything.
That is just the first like 30 seconds into the final fight and it was like that the whole time. Black turned it into a joke.
At the same time it was the most exciting and tense (because you cared about the character, had a good set up, and want to know how they're all going to get out of there, instead of The Avenger's finale, which is just the team hammering on characterless aliens for half an hour) showdown in any Marvel Studios movie yet. And the setting reminded me of Lethal Weapon 2!
Let's hope the directors of the next Thor and Captain America movies manage reach the same levels.