View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #53
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

I'll just say this...

I went into the 8:30 showing (regular 2D) at my local Novato theater (Century Rowland Plaza). It's small, not a big fancy place. And I've never heard applause at the end of a movie. At the end, the entire audience applauded.

As for me, I loved it! In many ways, it was better than IM1, in that there was a coherent script (I love love love IM1 but part of its charm is that it felt like it was almost totally improvised, and this movie felt more cohesive to me) and nice twisty plot. I loved all of Black's easter eggs. It wrapped up the first IM trilogy wonderfully.

Ben Kingsley shocked me, legitimately shocked me. As did Guy Pearce. Did NOT expect him at all. Adored the ittle twists with Pepper, and greatly appreciated that this movie passed Bechdel. The chemistry between Tony and Rhodey this time felt far more natural than in IM2. In so many places I could feel the influence of Lethal Weapon and KKBB. And as I love both those movies, I loved it here too.

So there's my short little review. 9/10. Docked points for the score - I think that more than anything interfered with some really cool moments.