View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #54
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
There is a difference between joking when the **** hits the fan and joking when your soul mate kicks he bucket
Exactly ! Remember when he told Pepper: "I hope I can protect the thing I can't live without, thats you"

For him to still joke when he has failed in that important mission is not interesting for the character at all. Even if joking IS his defense mechanism.

Remember the look on his face when Coulson died and Fury was giving them his 'I still believe in heroes' lecture.

You guys are saying Stark should have lol'ed at Fury or done something 'Starky'. But he was shocked at the death of his friend and acted accordingly. Isn't that more interesting to see ? (or in Starks case, out of character because tragedy has struck)

Or in IM1 when the reporter showed him pictures of the atrocities committed in Gulmira by his weapons. He got serious. You guys would have him say something like "I got a Jericho missile right here for ya, just gimme a call"

Because that's how he deals with tragedy. Maybe true, but makes for one boring and one dimensional character.

... Batman !!!