View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #64
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

I liked it quite a bit.

I still think the first one is the best, but I'd put "Iron Man Three" up near it as a worthy successor in the series (IM2 was "okay" and definitely had some good stuff, but it was not quite up to snuff and was somewhat disappointing considering the first, but part three delivers).

Quite a different style/vibe with this one. It had some great humor (but I certainly wouldn't consider it anywhere near being a "comedy"), cool action, and nice character stuff for Tony with his PTSD and identity issues. Pepper of course had some great stuff too. I'd say its really more of the adventures of Tony Stark than "Iron Man", but thats really pretty cool since, as Tony comes to accept, Tony IS Iron Man.

Honestly, I think this movie really speaks to the question Cap raised in The Avengers: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away and what are you?"

Tony's retort in Avengers was true and amusing, but this movie is basically the serious answer to that question. He's Iron Man. Nice.

I really like the new theme for Iron Man, and the retro version of it used during the end credits was really fun to listen to. It kind of had an "Incredibles" vibe.

I loved the after credits scene. I thought it was perfect. Definitely my favorite out of all 7 films' post credit scenes. It was character and fun and gave a little bit more information about THIS movie. Sure the future movie foreshadowing stuff has been cool in the others, but this was just .... " big smile inducing". "I'm not that kind of doctor." Ha! Great stuff!