View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:30 AM   #71
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
See?
Even with the surprise effect, the attack almost failed.

What was Killian thinking? -

- "Oh, that's the guy who built a suit powerful enough to fight an alien army... and I hear he has 20 or 30 of the suits at his home. I'd say we send three helicopters!"
-"Only three ordinary helicopters, boss? Really? They will go down within seconds!"
- "Yes, but maybe with all his high-tech stuff there, he doesn't have a simple radar-based defense system, and maybe he is totally careless and not thinking..."
- "But he is a genius!"
- "Ah, come on, let's at least try it. I'd say we got a 10% chance that his works. And if it doesn't work..." "
- "... the people will say he challenged the Mandarin and won the first round."
- "Ah... whatever. Send the helicopters!"
Stark didn't have those defenses for his house because (1)he never gave out his home address to anyone, but he was emotional and gave out the address by mistake and (2)he probably believed that his armor(s) would be good enough to protect him during emergency. But Pepper clearly didn't buy it so she wanted to leave, and Stark wanted to stay for those two reasons. He made a mistake, obviously.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America