View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #48
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
You most certainly are not alone. It's just that the ones who were underwhelmed are more vocal.
Sure seems like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
No not the only one. I also found it to be sublime...or has the potential to be from what I heard. I think some people should maybe try and get out of the mindset that soundtracks all need some sort of hook or theme. I think i read one critique about the samples that stated that the score sounds like "background music"...isn't that what a score is supposed to do? supplement the scenes, that's the priority i would think, not be primarily great music for you to listen to on it's own.
Well said Sharkboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Nope, certainly not the only one.

I really can't wait to hear more. I'm definitely excited about it from what I heard. To me it sounds similar to some of Zimmer's work for Inception indeed, but also similar to Blade Runner/Mass Effect, and a little bit of Gladiator.

And I love your avatar by the way.
Word. I definitely hear those in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
No, I am right there with you. It sound amazing. So good my brother stopped after the first few tracks. Doesn't want to spoil it before the full release.
Right on man. I found it to have presence if that makes any sense.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB