View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #48
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 2

Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
You most certainly are not alone. It's just that the ones who were underwhelmed are more vocal.
Sure seems like it.

Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
No not the only one. I also found it to be sublime...or has the potential to be from what I heard. I think some people should maybe try and get out of the mindset that soundtracks all need some sort of hook or theme. I think i read one critique about the samples that stated that the score sounds like "background music"...isn't that what a score is supposed to do? supplement the scenes, that's the priority i would think, not be primarily great music for you to listen to on it's own.
Well said Sharkboy.

Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Nope, certainly not the only one.

I really can't wait to hear more. I'm definitely excited about it from what I heard. To me it sounds similar to some of Zimmer's work for Inception indeed, but also similar to Blade Runner/Mass Effect, and a little bit of Gladiator.

And I love your avatar by the way.
Word. I definitely hear those in there too.

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
No, I am right there with you. It sound amazing. So good my brother stopped after the first few tracks. Doesn't want to spoil it before the full release.
Right on man. I found it to have presence if that makes any sense.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?