View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #84
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

I thought we were going to get a fairly serious tone with this third instalment. Especially with how the trailers were setting things up.

I am all for plot twists but ones that make sense and don’t make you feel as if you have wasted your time and money.

I shall give a “for instance”
How many people remember seeing “The Sixth Sense” for the first time and being blown away by the revelation that Bruce Willis`s character had been one of the dead people all the time?
This I thought, was fantastic, the montage of flashbacks show that there were no tricks. Bruce had no interaction or dialogue in the entire movie with anyone except Haley Joel Osment`s character. It was just done in a clever way.
We as an audience just filled in the blanks when we saw Bruce sitting with others.

That is the difference between IM3 and The Sixth Sense, one twist was stupid, the other clever.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".