View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #99
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 2

Well, I saw the movie last night (In 2D) and I liked it well enough.

I'm finding it quite hard to review the movie because I didn't fall in love with it like the first one and wasn't bored to tears like I was with the second one. It was just kinda there on the screen... a fun, emotional rollercoster with Tony Stark. I think after the scale and action of The Avengers I was looking for something smaller, something a little more personal and thankfully Shane Black delivered just that.

The dialogue was crisp and funny, the action was exciting and visceral. Once again the movie is carried by Robert Downey Jr, but it was still a thrill to see Paltrow and Favreau back in thier roles doing some great work.

I think the part of the movie that left me a little cold was the whole Mandarin/Extremis thing... it just didn't grab me, despite an excellent performance by Ben Kingsley. I just saw the plot twists coming from a mile away. Meh...

A quick shout out to Brian Tyler for the music... I think this might be my favourite score from the trilogy.

So yeah... A competent, engaging, exciting movie. A fine way to start the summer movie season and more importantly a fine way to (potentially) conclude this version of Iron Man. It's just nothing specatcular.

6.5/7 out of 10

And I rank the trilogy:

- Iron Man
- Iron Man 3
- Iron Man 2

I'll miss you dad! xx