View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #124
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official rate & review IRON MAN 3 thread!

I liked the movie. The christmas vibe and Shane Blackisms really reminded me of watching action films in the 90's. I can see why the film is dividing though. So many bold decisions. I however respect bold decision making in adaptations.

I think it really comes down to weather you want to like or hate the movie. I've seen critics write stuff such as this
Quote:
The plane rescue sequence, which Marvel has shown quite a bit of in trailers, is a breathtaking highlight. It’s an extraordinary example of character coming through in action and of the film’s general optimistic tone. In other hands that rescue might have been a desperate sequence, one where Tony has to make hard choices as to who survives. In Iron Man 3 Stark pushes himself to the edge, saves everybody and cracks wise all the while. Again, the danger is here, but it’s not an overwhelming bummer.
I believe that was Devin Faraci. An adamant Marvel Studios fan. On any other day on any other film this could have been an obvious criticism and if the film did the opposite(kinda like in TDK) it would have been praised.

This reminds me why it's important that people make up their minds on films. Critics are just people that want you to listen to their opinion.

The Villain twist reminded me of the last batman movie in a way, only this time is was much more focused and less of a throw away, albeit the film was very happy with itself for this. Meh. I hope I don't see this happen again down the road.

Lastly, I think people need to be careful when putting the "tonal" decisions of IM3 on a pedestal. In doing so, one is at the same time taking all previous marvel films they championed far below said stal. Which is fine, but what does that mean when the same people still think IM3 was flawless...It doesn't have to be one or the other but at the same time, it says something.

Last edited by Marvin; 05-04-2013 at 10:42 AM.