View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

If they do the Masters in Avengers 2, I could see a line up like this:

Zemo*, The Leader, Red Skull, Abomination, Enchantress, The Executioner, Loki, Crossbones.

* - Or whoever else is pulling Winter Soldier's strings, unless it's Redford's character, in which case just introduce a new one

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Introducing characters like Enchantress and Executioner can be done quickly and easily - they're old enemies of Thor's who agree to work against him. Then if they're needed in a Thor sequel, fully expand on their characters.

Thanos would basically use the Masters for two reasons - to attempt to get rid of the Avengers, but also to serve as a distraction, whilst he steals the Infinity Gauntlet from Asgard. This can be the big revelation at the end of the film - they defeat the Masters, but they discover it was all part of a larger scheme, and once they get to Asgard, it's too late - the Gauntlet is gone.

Loki's involvement can be down to Thanos forcing him, after he lost the Chitauri army and the Tesseract. The Other would send him, alongside Enchantress and Executioner, to Earth to orchestrate a break out at a SHIELD prison, and to trick those who escape into working together, to dispose of the Avengers.

Red Skull could be sent at the same time - him being stranded in space at the end of CA:TFA sets up an alliance with Thanos/The Other quite nicely.
We know that The Leader and Abomination are in SHIELD custody, and it was said at some point Grillo was expected to be in Avengers 2, although the legitimacy of that could be questioned.

The Masters could work - this is just my personal ideas. But I guarantee Marvel wouldn't just re-use old villains and not introduce new ones. Not a strong enough threat otherwise.

The only flaw I can see here is the lack of a personal villain for some characters - Iron Man mainly, which can easily be fixed by introducing a new character. Or, bringing Killian back. Or maybe even Savin, or another Extremis henchman.

Last edited by BatsDC; 05-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.