View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #216
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: NOW which film is your favourite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
I've criticized it sure, but not this week, or last week, or the week before that, or the week before that.

I just looked at my post history, just now. The only thing close was that whole "Star Wars = Nolan Batman". I haven't even been in here that much. Look at the last couple of pages of this thread and other threads. Until today, how many posts by me do you see? How many are there of me ripping TDKR?
Good for you then. I'm proud that you haven't been negative of TDKR lately

And don't ask me how many of your posts are about TDKR....I'm not about stalking up your post history man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
TDKR while fun could arguably be called a bad Nolan film. Short of Insomnia it is easily Nolan's sloppiest half-assed work. Its fun if you can get past its probelms, but some people can't.

For the record, I dont think his ambition in in-camera effects are sloppy or half-assed. The man is ,and always will be a genuis in that area and he reached a new height in TDKR in terms of practical effects. I may find problems all over that film, but his effects work ain't one of those problem areas. That opening plane sequence floored me in the theater.
VERY debatable. Short of Insomnia, people could easily say it's Inception that's the sloppiest and not TDKR. But, like I said, debatable. I find TDKR to be one of Nolan's best films, but The Prestige will always be his very best, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote