View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #878
milost
Banned User

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Tony is definitely much, much, much more proactive obviously in IM3 and I loved that he continue his work while dealing with PTSD, although any resolution from that is what kills Tony's arc. The PTSD is "cured", and Stark decides to destroy his armor while getting rid of his mini arc reactor in exchange to live happily(as well as making Pepper happy). I get it, Pepper was worried sick about Tony, but I still don't get the reasoning of Stark doing all of this. Getting rid of everything resembles so much like Bruce Wayne walking away from Gotham City, but there's a reason why Bruce should have and Tony shouldn't have.

These Iron Man films are meant to be in some huge universe where there's going to be an Avengers 2, and Stark getting rid of everything just doesn't add up even if "Tony Stark will return". And needless to say, Stark getting rid of the mini arc just makes Iron Man 2's plot even worse when Stark could've gotten rid of the thing in the second flick.

Stark gets rid of everything for a girl, or at least that's what I took out of it.

Bruce gets rid of his old life because he needed to move on.

Tony Stark, imo, did not need to really move on.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I thought keeping Dummy was a nice touch. Wasn't that what he built as a kid in Iron Man 1?

I don't think the ending is meant to say he's done being Iron Man or that he won't put on another suit and moving on. I think he simply got rid of his "distractions" for Pepper. It wasn't really necessary to have all those suits that he compulsively built and I think he was saying that the tech and the arc reactor don't make him. I mean he even says at the end, "I'm Iron Man".

He'll don the the suit again.