Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/
A lot of times people will ask things like:
- "Why can't they figure out Clark/Supes are the same?"
- "How come his suit doesn't get damaged from bullet holes/fires?"
- "Jor-el was a genious but he built a ship only large enough for a baby? WTF??"
Come up with your own questions and/or answer others such as mine.
I actually have my own attempts at explaining these btw.
<<Ask/Answer Thread>>Explanations to common Superman "complaint/plot holes" in movie
- Jor-el wanted him to live as a human and also understand life as a Kryptonian. So when he wears the \S/ crest (Supes suit) its properties make him only recognizable as a Kryptonian being. Only those that know him completely (human form Clark, Superman, and Kal-el) will be able to see him as a single entity. E.g. His earth parents. That is why only Lois can figure it out later, once she falls in love with the full person and not just Superman.
- The suit is not damaged... I like the L&C explanation. It is tight fit to his body, the material is only protected when HE is wearing it. If the suit was not on Superman, it could be damaged however.
- I think you scrap Jor-el building it big enough for a baby only. I would have him build it big enough for all of them. However Jor-el is taken out, Lara goes after him, and initiates launch sequence before Krypton blows. Jor-el could still give him the means to create FOS in case he did not survive the trip to Earth. He and his wife just don't get the chance to go with him and choose to save him.
i'm not sure how i feel about the suit technology being able to distort how people see his identity. it just seems like extra exposition. a lot of these ideas are creative, but why can't it just be what it is? i mean, he's an alien with powers. it is what it is.